Friday, 23 September 2011

Nice boots, them shoes



OK, I've been meaning to upload this for ages, It's aboot time! Oh dear, anyway, basically it's a model of an old boot, for the film 'Unreel'. The kid character catches an old boot on his make-shift fishing rod, much to the outperformed co-star fisherman's delight. But the kid has the last laugh, as a lovely fish jumps out of it. I will upload the fish model when I work out why the hell the file won't open on my computer!
But in short, I modeled, UV'd and textured the whole thing. The eagle eyed among you will notice that the UV map is far from perfect, this is due to an inexplicable bug on our linux machines, in which, if we forget to take caution, the UV map is a complete mess the next time the file is opened. And to Cut a long story short, I had to re-arrange the UV map completely three times!! rather annoying to say the least, but that's why the map isn't as good as I'd like.
I've waffled on a little too much about this so I'll stop typing now. As always, criticisms/questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment