Sunday, 30 December 2012

A belated update...

I just realised I hadn't updated you guys in a while with what I've been doing since graduating! So if you were wondering..

Well It was one hell of a year, 3rd year was immensely busy, we finished our graduate animated film The Monster In good time, and The Honey Plot, for which I completed some 3D elements for 2D integration was also finished to a great standard and has been very well received so far.

I had an interview just a couple of days after actually graduating, and I am very proud to inform you that a week later (that felt like an eternity) I was offered the position that I had seriously longed for for a long time! (Horribly structured sentence, I know.)

So for the past 6 months I have been a Matchmove Artist at Framestore, working in feature film from the outpost office in Bournemouth.

Many people ask me what my job actually involves, and I still haven't got the hang of explaining it to family and friends. In short, it involves extrapolating a camera's motion from the footage on a shot-by-shot basis. Maybe my next post can explain it in detail, its really quite interesting if you're a film/vfx/cgi nerd like me!

So that's the recap, sorry it's been so long but life has been very busy lately. Thanks for reading!

1 comment: